Kirkby (Tyres) Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We receive information about you which you provide via www.kirkbytyres.com (or by any other means). For example we may collect information when you:
- Search our site
- Participate in contests
- Respond to questionnaires
- Communicate with us by email, telephone or other means
- IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to review browsing actions and patterns
For the same reasons, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
There are several cookies generated by Google Analytics that collect anonymous data that helps us track how many visitors our site is receiving. These cookies are:
- _ga and _gid which are both unique keys that help us distinguish between users. These cookies expire after 2 years and 24 hours, respectively.
- __utmc which helps us determine whether you're a new site user or a returning user. This cookie expires at the end of the browser session (i.e. when you close your browser window entirely).
- _gat which is used to prevent throttling of the Analytics service. This cookie expires after 1 minute and is used to prevent tracking multiple page views on page load.